SF City Guides 40th Anniversary Megatour
THANK YOU! - THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
Join SF City Guides, the official ambassadors of San Francisco, as we celebrate 40 years of telling the stories of the city. Spend a day with us walking across the city, sharing many of the origins and lore behind this unique, diverse and dynamic metropolis.
This all-day walk will be a sampler and expansion of many of our most popular walks, combining historical facts with contemporary stories.
During this 8.5 mile walk, we'll share with you:
- The foundation that lies beneath the old city
- Civic sandlot cemeteries
- Origins of the free speech and LGBT movements
- The demise of freeways that spurred the city's unique urban renewal
- How cultural institutions came into existence and who supported them
- The legacy of the 1894 midwinter exposition and fair
Bring a friend, meet a friend. Discover or remind yourself what makes San Francisco, Bagdad by the Bay, the Paris of the West and the Golden City all rolled into one thriving city.
Please note that there are staggered start times. Access the different times via the drop down.
Note that due to the nature of this event, refunds unfortunately cannot be issued.
In the case that you cannot attend the Megatour, $30 of your ticket price will be tax deductible.
Harry Bridges Plaza, South Light Tower
San Francisco, CA 94111
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|